A couple of weeks ago I posted a Pinterest 101 article explaining the site for those of you who haven’t caught on to the craze yet. The more important question as far as I’m concerned is, “should I and how would I use Pinterest for my business?” I found the answers to some of those questions from a few sources I thought I would share here.
- First and foremost is your website Pinable? That means you have images and/or video content on your site a visitor can “Pin” to their Pinterest board? If not, grab a camera and get shooting!
- Add a “Pin” button to your site to make it easier for visitors to Pin content from your site to their Pinterest boards.
- You will need to join Pinterest to participate. I explained how to accomplish that in my Pinterest 101 article.
- Your boards should support your overall marketing strategy. If you use a particular message, incorporate that into your board. Coca-Cola has various marketing themes that are supported by the boards they created. The title’s of their boards are “Be Together,” “Be Active,” “Be Giving,” “Be in the Moment,” Keep Discovering,” and “Olympic Moments.”
- Create engagement with followers. You might create this with a photo contest. Ask customers to photograph themselves using your product or service or in your place of business and then Post on social media.
- Infographics, pretty images with quotes and phrases get re-pinned A LOT.